Please check out our new Edson Chrysler Event Center Page
YELLOWHEAD AG SOCIETY
Facility Opening Guidelines
The Yellowhead AG Society will be opening both the indoor and outdoor arenas effective May 14, 2020. All renters must follow the guidelines set out below. Security cameras will be monitored to make sure guidelines will be followed. If guidelines are not being followed, the facilities will be shut down until further notice. Instructions to book the arena are further down. Booking prices remain the same (refer to website)
We encourage all our renters and volunteers to stay informed and remain up to date on COVID-19 Developments via the Alberta COVID Website. Please refer to the COVID posters at the facilities.
Please refrain from utilizing the YAS Facilities or volunteering at the facilities if you are feeling sick or if you have travelled outside of Alberta in the last 14 days.
Hand Sanitizer and wipes will be available when entering the facility. Please be respectful and notify YAS if we are running out.
There will not be washroom facilities at the YAS grounds during the initial opening due to the fact that we do not have full time personnel to clean as per the COVID requirements.
The small livestock overhead door will be left open at the indoor arena to minimize surface contact. The track entrance at the outdoor arena will be left open so no one is touching gates or any surfaces at the outdoor. With the wipes provided, please wipe down any surface that you touch (Muck forks, Muck cart, lights, etc.) before you leave the facility. Please use the open, lined garbages to dispose of wipes.
· Please social distance in the parking lots leaving a significant distance between units. Please park in the areas indicated in the drawing below. Both the indoor and outdoor are on a booking basis.
· There will be *no open* riding in indoor or outdoor
· There will be no Events (clinic's, jackpots, etc.)
· We will be running on a Private booking basis for both the Outdoor and Indoor arena. You can book either.
· Indoor arena maximum 10 people per booking (this includes spectators) Park at indoor arena
· Outdoor arena maximum 15 people per booking (this includes spectators) Park at outdoor arena
· Renters must adhere to the 2-meter social distancing rules at all times (family members living in the same household are exempt)
· At each booking, YAS requires the names of every person in your booking (including spectators) so that we can track who has been in the facility (Renters must have a YAS membership and YAS must have your complete contact information)
· There is a mandatory ½ hour between bookings. You MUST be out of the arena by the end of your booking.
· No tying horses in the arena, horses need to be tied to your own personal trailer outside (this is for both the indoor and outdoor arena)
· There will be a Maximum of 6 hours per person each week for private bookings.
· There is a maximum of 3 hours per booking.
· All other rules on website are the same, please read them for more info.
BOOKING THE ARENA:
· All bookings must be made by e-mail to email@example.com
· E-mail must include:
o Indoor/Outdoor arena
o Duration (maximum of 3 hours)
o List of everyone in booking
o Payment is made at the arena in the drop boxes provided
Volunteers going in to groom the arena will be provided with gloves and wipes when operating the tractor or watering the grounds. Ground maintenance will be done outside of booking timeslots and not during the ½ hour between bookings. Approved groomers can groom during your own private booking - not outside of it - and must wear the gloves and wipes provided.
The rules above may change at any time; we will keep our members updated to changes as Alberta re-opens in the various stages and we will make changes accordingly.
If you have any questions, please contact Trina Swerbus at 780-712-2813 or Scott MacRae at 780-723-0910.
Thank you for your patience as we try to work through the COVID-19 requirements.
Yellowhead Ag Society
Has your YAS membership expired?
Memberships go from September to September each year. Please remember to renew. 2020 yas membership.pdf
*Changes to Booking and Canceling Arena*
24hr min notice to cancel or book the arena